An In-depth Look
March 21 - June 6
Mondays / 6-9 PM
Lead by TMC Founders & Visiting Experts
The Movement Creative Apprentice Program is a 12 week college-style course designed to give you a comprehensive teaching & parkour education that will get you into the classroom and teaching with confidence. It is composed of 10 instructional days, 1 review day, and 1 exam day, as well as a variety of other opportunities and features.
Application Deadline is March 17th.
Weekly classes including lectures, discussions, and activities
Readings, Videos, and Written Resources
Shadowing and assisting Instructors with classes
Shadowing Instructors with private clients
Managing your own private client
Study of proven teaching methods & practices
Study of Parkour progressions, cues, and critical information
Development of personal coaching style & voice
Optional, supplemental workshops, continuing ed, and events
The Average Week
If you are accepted into the program, and you commit to attending, your weekly commitment will look as follows:
- One 3 hour core-class per week
- 1-2 hours of observing/assisting
- 1-2 hours of homework
- Optional Team Training!
We are seeking a group of apprentice instructors that are dedicated to become better at their craft. To get the most out of this program, we have laid out the expectations below in terms participation.
- Come with a beginners mind set -- Coming ready to learn, debate, and engage with others, being prepared to question and reflect honestly on your own assumptions and abilities.
- Attend the 10 core classes, review, and exam.
- Make a sincere effort on all of the assignments and turn in your assignments on time
- Maintain a teaching journal, which will be provided to you at the start of the course