Completing the Course
WHAT YOU WILL GET OUT OF THIS PROGRAM
This apprenticeship is a comprehensive Parkour & Teacher education program. It is an opportunity to jump-start your teaching skills and enhance your knowledge of Parkour. We will get you into the classroom early on, building confidence with your teaching, through the management of your own private client, as well as assisting and leading courses in schools and outdoors.
- An amazing teaching & parkour education!
- Classroom and private client experience
- 1-1 career coaching sessions
- Access to our:
- Instructor Guidebook
- Monthly Leadership Email
- Curriculum Tools
- Sample Lesson Plans
- Additional Readings & Resources
Areas of Knowledge
- Demonstrate a depth of knowledge of Parkour Content, includes but not limited to terminology, principles, concepts, anatomy, techniques, and skills, as well as awareness of current trends, movement relationships, sequencing, and teaching styles.
- Work confidently with different student demographics, includes how to accommodate various ages, abilities, fitness levels, special populations, and medical needs.
- Identify safety & risk in the classroom; includes measures to mitigate and minimize unacceptable risk, and ways to safely introduce acceptable risk into the classroom.
- Develop exciting, clear, and coherent lesson plans; for all ages, as well as for schools, outdoor classes, and private clients.
- Manage the classroom; Includes managing different group sizes, activity transitions, disruptive students, and routines established for classes
- Design, Build, and Utilize any equipment or space to teach
- Communicate clearly your ideas and instructions
- Use cues, games, and assessment to deliver fun and cohesive lessons
- Provide effective feedback to help students and fellow instructors in their own education
An important thing to note:
Successfully passing this course should not mark the end of your journey but the start. This program will provide you with the necessary skills, tools, and methods to get you confidently teaching in the classroom, but there is so much more that we won’t be able to cover in our short 12 weeks together. We encourage all of our apprentices to continue studying, researching, and experimenting in the years to follow, dedicating themselves to their practice and their students.