Parkour Summer Camp with Playground Design
Mixing engineering and architecture with parkour, Students will spend a week exploring their built environment, studying the principles of playground and architectural design, and applying those lessons by designing a playground for all ages.The best part? At the end of the week, their final playground designs will be built on Governors Island and used during the annual Come Out and Play Festival!
Dates dont work? Check out our other camps!
$600 / week
10% off if you sign up for BOTH weeks!
This is a week-long, full-day summer camp, appropriate for ages 7-13 and all levels of parkour experience.
Parkour & Fitness
As in all of our camps, kids will learn or hone their movement and fitness skills through independent physical challenges and collaborative games. Students will:
- Learn or hone parkour fitness skills (e.g. climbing, balancing, vaulting, jumping and swinging) from top-rated parkour coaches in the USA
- Experiment with new and challenging movements
- Apply and test their skills on their own and as a team in a variety of exciting settings.
The special project this week will have students designing a playground for all generations. Students will:
- Learn the principles of playground design by studying, dissecting, and critiquing existing playgrounds.
- Use these discovered design principles to generate designs for a playground that is fun, accessible, and intergenerational.
- Play-test various designs with their peers
- Receive feedback from a real Architect working for the NYC Parks Department!
- BUILD their final playground design on Governors Island
- SHOWCASE their final playground at the huge Come Out and Play Festival!
1) WHAT DO WE NEED TO WEAR/BRING?
- Bagged lunch
- Draw-string bag and water bottle.
- Wear gym clothes and sneakers (may get dirty);
- Water-resistant clothes and raincoat for wet days. Suntan lotion for sunny days!
- Health Specific Needs: If your child has any health issues, allergies, or diet concerns, let us know.
We’ll provide snack and appropriate substitutions if requested.
2) WHERE AND WHEN IS DROP-OFF AND PICKUP?
Drop-off is at 8:45am daily at a park close to the Manhattan terminal of the Governor's Island Ferry (here's a map of the meeting spot). The group will start their day in that park, then take the 10am ferry to Governor's Island. Pick-up is at the same location, 5pm daily.
3) HOW DO YOU ENSURE SAFETY?
We teach every move as a progression, showing students how to build on skills in a logical way and offering guidance to correct errors. Aside from scrapes and bruises, our camps have a perfect injury-free record. Coaches are first-aid/CPR certified and carry a first aid kit. Check out our reviews on Yelp.
4) WHAT IF IT RAINS?
With attention and discipline, we safely train movement in any conditions. We’re comfortable continuing with drizzle/light rain/scattered showers and will go to a covered outdoor location in the park in the event of thunderstorms. Please make sure your child is dressed appropriately for the weather.
5) WHAT IS YOUR CANCELLATION POLICY
Unfortunately we can not offer a refund for cancellations.