⮑ WHEN is Camp?
- Camp runs Monday through Friday
9:00 AM - 3:00 PM or
9:00 AM - 5:00 PM
- June 17th - August 30th
- No Camp July 4th, camp week is prorated
⮑ WHERE Does a Camp take place?
Drop-off & pick-up at Columbus Circle or Astor Place. Specific Locations listed below.
5pm pick-up is only available downtown at Astor Place. Students from the uptown group can still attend extended day, a coach will travel downtown with them after the 3pm uptown pick-up.
- Camp happens all over the City!
- Jump to our meet-up locations here.
- Jump to our favorite training spots here.
⮑ WHAT Does a Camp Day Look like?
(always subject to change for our explorers)
- 9:00am - 9:30am Morning Circle
- 9:30am - 10:30am Travel Time + Snack
- 10:30am - 12:00pm Parkour Instruction + Exploration
- 12:00pm - 12:30pm Lunch
- 12:30pm - 1:30pm Parkour Instruction + Exploration
- 1:30pm - 2:30pm Travel + Guided Free Time
- 2:30pm - 3:00pm - Afternoon Circle
- 3:00pm - 3:30pm Snack + Uptown Students Travel Downtown
- 3:00pm - 3:30pm Snack + Downtwon Students Guided Free Time
- 3:30pm - 4:45pm Parkour Pop-up Challenges or Exploration
- 4:45pm - 5:00pm Evening Circle
- This is where we warm-up, cool-down, check in with our bodies and each other.
- Each day we'll focus on a guiding idea that we decide upon as a group.
- Example discussions:
- Where is our energy level right now?
- Are our bodies sore from other days? How do we train differently when we are tired?
- How do we train differently in the rain?
- When do you feel encouraged? How do you encourage others?
⮑ WHY The Movement Creatve?
- The Movement Creative has the lowest injury rate of all parkour organizations in the United States.
- We are the only organization in New York City that is insured to teach in public parks and playgrounds.
Our core coaches have over a decade of parkour experience as athletes and coaches. Many of them were part of the first generation of traceurs in New York City.
We teach every move as a progression, showing students how to build on skills in a logical way and offering guidance to correct errors.
- All coaches are Adult and Pediactric first-aid/AED/CPR certified and carry a first aid kit.
⮑ HOW much does it cost?
If you have attended camp with us before click here. Grandfathered rates available.
- $180 Full day 9am-5pm
- Full Week = $900
- Siblings or 2 or more weeks = $750
- $150 School day 9am-3pm
- Full Week = $750
- Siblings or 2 or more weeks = $600
- $40 Extended Day
- Full Week = $200
- Siblings or 2 or more weeks = $175
Financial Aid Available. Please email Info@TheMovementCreative.com
⮑ More FAQ
What Do We Need to Know/Bring?
- Wear gym clothes and sneakers. Since we’ll be jumping around during the day, make sure you wear something that you don’t mind getting a little dirty! We recommend packing an extra pair of clothes in their backpack.
- Water-resistant clothes and/or a raincoat for wet days. Suntan lotion for sunny days.
- Bring a bagged lunch, and we will provide a snack during the day.
- Carry a light backpack or a drawstring bag with a water bottle. We move throughout the day, so we want to make sure you child carries something lightweight that is easy to move with.
What is your Cancellation Policy?
- Enrolling in our camp means reserving a spot, which takes away a spot for another camper. Unfortunately we can not offer a refund for cancellations.
- We can apply your purchase to another week of camp if you cancel before Friday at 5pm the week before your reserved dates.
What if it Rains?
- With attention and discipline, we safely train movement in any conditions. Please make sure your child is dressed appropriately for the weather.
- On rainy days campers have the option to train outdoors, train indoors, or head to a local museum for guided discovery.
- In the event of Thunderstorms all students will be indoors at 440 Lafayette or at a Museum or activity.
Allergies and Health History
- We require this medical form to be filled out before attending camp.
- Parents will be notified prior to camp if any student has an allergy. If no student has a peanut allergy at camp we allow peanuts.
- If your child has any medical concerns that require medication (e.g., major allergies that require an Epipen, medications that need to be taken daily, asthma inhalers, etc.), please note these in your medical form and be sure to pack these items with your child in the morning.